Slip And Fall Attorney Helps Clients Injured in Oklahoma

If you were injured while on someone else’s property, it’s possible that the property owner is liable for the harm and must compensate you. Ryan Bisher Ryan & Simons in Oklahoma City can evaluate your accident and determine whether negligence is involved and whether you are entitled to take action against the property owners. If you have a valid premises liability claim, our attorneys are prepared to make your case for the maximum compensation possible to cover your medical bills, lost earnings, physical pain and emotional suffering.

Founded in 1984, Ryan Bisher Ryan & Simons has been helping Oklahomans injured in slip and falls and other personal injury accidents for more than three decades. Several of our partners grew up in small towns in Oklahoma. We take pride in offering friendly, personalized attention to each client. We have represented people in communities throughout Oklahoma. If you or someone you loved sustained a serious injury in a premises liability accident, our slip and fall injury lawyers are prepared to fight aggressively for a favorable settlement or jury verdict for you.

Common Premises Liability Accidents in Oklahoma

Property owners have a responsibility to keep their premises free from hazards that could cause harm to others. If you were injured as a result of an unsafe condition on another person’s property, we will evaluate whether the accident could have been prevented if the property owner had been more careful. If a reasonably prudent property owner would have discovered and corrected a hazard in time to prevent the injury, and the hazard was not obvious to the victim, a judge or jury can hold the property owner liable for the slip and fall injury.

Premises liability includes slip and fall and trip and fall injury claims. Improperly maintained premises that enhance the commission of a crime, such as an assault or robbery, also fall under this category. Property owners must maintain the common areas of their premises.

Common causes of premises liability claims include:

  • Unfenced swimming pools
  • Buildings and parking facilities with insufficient security
  • Loose floor tiles
  • Wet surfaces, especially spills in foot traffic areas
  • Dimly lit passages and stairwells

  • Malfunctioning elevators
  • Uneven pavement and potholes
  • Falling objects, including merchandise on store shelves
  • Improperly fenced-off or secured construction sites

Knowledgeable, Experienced, Resourceful

Our Oklahoma slip and fall attorneys are knowledgeable, experienced and resourceful in our pursuit of justice for injured clients. As personal injury attorneys, we are committed to compelling those who were responsible for your injuries to provide full and fair compensation. We vigorously pursue the maximum compensation for your loss allowed under the law. There is no charge for discussing your situation with one of our experienced personal injury lawyers.

Do I need to fill out an accident report after a slip and fall accident?

It is a good idea, if possible, to file a report with the property manager or store manager if you were injured in a slip and fall accident. Record the date and time and the accident and other relevant details. Try to get a copy of the report.

You should seek prompt medical attention for your injuries and inform the doctor how your injury occurred. Even if you do not need emergency treatment, you should see a doctor within 72 hours of the accident and have an evaluation. The doctor’s report offers documentation of your injuries. Insurance adjusters will rely upon medical records in evaluating your claim.

Take photos of the accident scene or ask someone else to do so, if you are unable. Photographs of the accident scene showing the hazard can provide evidence to support a slip and fall injury claim. The property owner may move quickly to repair the hazard after an accident, so take photos documenting the accident scene as close to the time of the accident as possible.


The property owner’s insurance company contacted me and wants a recorded statement.

Should I accept the insurance company’s settlement offer?

When insurance companies make quick settlement offers, they typically represent a fraction of the actual value of the claim. You should have an experienced attorney review any settlement offer you have received before accepting it. An attorney can offer guidance on whether the offer is reasonable based on the specific facts of your case.


 Should I talk to them about the slip and fall accident?

No, the insurance company will be trying to minimize the property owner’s liability for your injury. Any statement you give may be used against you to minimize or deny your claim if you speak with an insurance adjuster.

It is best to contact a slip and fall lawyer and have a lawyer deal with the insurance adjuster on your behalf. Talking with a premises liability attorney will help you understand your legal options and make well-informed decisions.

Is there a time limit for filing a slip and fall injury claim?

Generally speaking, you have two years from the date of the accident to file a slip-and-fall lawsuit in Oklahoma. However, if your injury is not discovered until later, you may be able to get an extension on filing a case. It is important to understand how the Oklahoma personal injury statute of limitations applies to your particular premises liability case.

Because there is only a limited amount of time to investigate and file a premises liability lawsuit, it is essential to contact an attorney promptly to review your slip and fall injury and determine if you have a valid claim. If you try to file a slip and fall lawsuit after the statute of limitations, the court will likely dismiss your case.


Will I have to go through a trial if I file a slip and fall lawsuit?

Our attorneys at Ryan Bisher Ryan & Simons are skilled negotiators. We are prepared to go to court if necessary, but we are successful in resolving most slip and fall lawsuits that we handle out of court without a trial.

That allows our client to receive the money they need as soon as possible and avoids the uncertainty of a trial outcome.

Contact our law office in Oklahoma City now

Who will ultimately pay if I sue my neighbor for not fixing a hazard that caused by wife to slip and fall and break her hip?

premises liability claim settlement checkTypically, a property owner’s homeowner’s liability insurance pays for any injuries that occur on the owner’s property, up to the limits of the insurance policy. Part of our job as personal injury lawyers is to identify all the potentially responsible parties and the insurance policies available to provide compensation for injuries. In some cases, property owners have umbrella liability policies that provide additional coverage for injuries.

Our experienced attorneys will negotiate with the insurer for appropriate compensation for your injuries. Any compensation you receive will come from the insurance company.

Can I sue my employer for my slip and fall injuries?


What To Do After A Motor Vehicle Accident

get your FREE guide
What to do after a car accident guide by Ryan Bisher Ryan & Simons
Slip and fall attorney shaking hands with client

For Premises Liability Cases, Contact Ryan Bisher Ryan & Simmons in Oklahoma City

If you have been injured in a store, restaurant, mall or any other privately owned or publicly operated premises in Oklahoma City or elsewhere in Oklahoma, don’t try to settle the claim on your own. Premises liability cases can be complicated to resolve, and you will be at a real disadvantage if you do not have a knowledgeable attorney representing you.

Ryan Bisher Ryan & Simons can help. Contact us online or call 405.528.4567 to schedule a free consultation with a premises liability attorney at our Oklahoma City office.